I admit that I love this time of year. The cooler weather. The crispness in the air. Tart apples. Bright orange pumpkins. The desire to start nesting and preparing our homes for increased inhabitation. The clarity of Autumn sunshine. It all reminds me that it is a time to think about what we have and to be grateful for the blessings in our lives.
I think about
- having a healthy family
- Eoin excelling in school
- Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
- holding employment which my talents / skills / ideas are appreciated
- many great novels to enjoy
- a lovely Vermont holiday this past June
- the possibility of another lovely Vermont holiday next June
- a husband who bakes like a mad fiend ( love you , hon!)
- a Mummy who understand the fun graphics of a lobster motif table-cloth
- SBUX #PSL
- living a safe county with many freedoms
- a husband who will cook the turkey on Thanksgiving
- a husband who will surprise me each year with the Black Friday newspaper flyers while I watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade as he cooks the turkey on Thanksgiving.
I send you happy thanksgiving wishes, dear reader. I hope that you have just as many things to be thankful for in your life as I do.