OverDrive is pleased to announce that Amazon® Kindle compatibility with your Saint Stephen’s Episcopal School library’s eBook collection is here. This update, allows most existing eBooks in our library’s collection to be read on all Kindle devices or by using free Kindle apps for iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ and other mobile devices.
Sections of your website, including My Help wizard, Help pages and FAQs, will also reflect these changes and help new Kindle users.
- Visit your library’s ‘Virtual Branch’ website
- Browse and check out a Kindle book.
- Click the ‘Get for Kindle’ button. This opens the Amazon.com website. You may be required to sign in with your Amazon.com account if you are not already logged in.
- Select a Kindle device or Kindle reading app. Click the ‘Get library book’ button and sync your device or app to download the book, or choose to send it to your device via USB.
- An active Wi-Fi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. If your Kindle is not Wi-Fi capable or you do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, read Amazon’s instructions for transferring files via USB.
Kindle compatibility with library eBooks also takes full advantage of Amazon’s Whispersync technology. If you check out the eBook again at a later date or choose to purchase the eBook from the Kindle Store, all of your notes, bookmarks and highlights will be preserved. The last page read will also be synced between your Kindle and free Kindle reading apps.